The long awaited Dell XPS 15 L521X is finally here with its thin looks and metallic design. The L521X is clad in a machined aluminum magnesium alloy case and is a mere 0.91-inches thick. It’s weight of 5.79 pounds is a little on the heavy side, but remember it’s made of all metal to so it’s durable. The screen on this model is Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution and uses edge to edge Gorilla Glass for protection.
The L521X starts off with a price of $1,299 via Dell.com and with those specs you get a speedy Intel Core i5-3610M processor, Intel HD 4000 graphics, 4GB of RAM and a 500GB 5400RPM HD with 32GB mSATA SSD. You can also upgrade to an Intel Core i7-3610QM processor and Nvidia GT 640M graphics but pricing jumps to $1,699 for that model. If you want a 512GB SSD and the Core i7 and Nvidia graphics, pricing goes up to $1,999. In terms of ports, the XPS L521X comes with 3x USB 3.0, 1x mini-DP, 1x HDMI, 1x RJ-45, SD card slot, and a headset jack . You also get a 1.3MP web camera and glass touchpad with multi-touch capabilities to round out the offering.
The full specs for the XPS L521X are below:
- Screen: 350-nit, 1920×1080 display with Edge-to-edge Gorilla Glass
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3610M or Intel Core i7-3612QM processors
- Graphics: Integrated Intel HD 4000 Graphics, optional NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 1GB
- Memory: 6GB to 16GB DDR3 SDRIM
- Storage: 500GB HDD + 32GB mSATA SSD standard, up to 512GB SSD
- Keyboard: Backlit, spill-resistant, chiclet keyboard
- Optical Drive: DVD+/-RW Slot-loading drive, optional Blu-ray
- Battery: 65WHr, 9-cell Li-Poly battery (non-removable)
- Wireless: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 802.11a/g/n + Bluetooth 4.03
- Ports: 3x USB 3.0, 1x mini-DP, 1x HDMI, 1x RJ-45, SD card slot, headset jack
- Web Camera: Built-in webcam: 1.3MP with dual microphone array
- Dimensions: Height 0.91″ (23.2mm) / Width: 14.6″ (371mm) / Depth 9.8″ (249mm)
- Weight: 5.79 pounds