Toshiba has also announced the latest line of its entertainment-optimized Satellite P800 Series and Satellite S800 laptops, which are designed for greater everyday computing power with sleek, yet extremely durable, premium aluminum casings in Champagne Silver.
As with the other recently announced Satellite C800 and L800 Toshiba laptops, the Satellite P800 Series will be available with 3rd Generation Intel Core processors and select configurations will feature NVIDIA’s GeForce 630M discrete graphics with battery-saving Optimus technology.
Here’s what to expect of the P800 Series:
- Raised tile keyboards with available LED backlighting, a new larger and easier-to-use Click Pad
- Multiple USB 3.0 ports.
- Harman/kardon stereo speakers with SRS Premium Sound 3D sound enhancements
- Hard drive impact sensor
- HD Webcam
- HDMI port
- Toshiba’s exclusive Resolution+ video upconversion technology, which adjusts color, brightness, and contrast for a more HD look and feel.
- USB Sleep & Charge and Toshiba Sleep & Music, which give users the ability to power their devices while the laptops are powered down.
- Select configurations are equipped with the latest connectivity technologies and entertainment features, including Intel Wireless Display and a Blu-ray Disc player.
- HD TruBrite LED Backlit displays in three screen sizes: 14-inch diagonal widescreen, 15.6-inch diagonal and 17.3-inch diagonal widescreen.
The all new Satellite S800 Series is designed for entertainment enthusiasts and is a more affordable, middle-ground model compared to the higher-end P series. The S800 Series also comes equipped with 3rd Generation Intel Core processors in addition to the latest multi-core Accelerated Processing Units from AMD with optional discrete ATI graphics.
With its durable brushed aluminum Ice Blue casing (though not on the bottom), the S800 Series offers a spacious trackpad and a raised tile keyboard for portability and comfort. The S800 laptops will also feature the latest smart Toshiba technologies, including USB Sleep & Charge as well as Toshiba’s Media Controller software for content sharing. Toshiba’s PC Health Monitor and eco Utility enable laptop longevity and are designed to protect vital components and conserve power. Certain configurations will also include a Blu-Ray Disc player and will be available with an HD TruBrite LED Backlit in three screen sizes: the Satellite S845 with a 14-inch diagonal widescreen display, the Satellite S855 with a 15.6-inch diagonal display and the Satellite S875 with a 17.3-inch diagonal widescreen display.
The Satellite P845 and Satellite P855 will start at $799.99 MSRP while the Satellite P875 pricing begins at $849.99 MSRP. The P800 Series will be available for purchase in early Q3 2012 exclusively at Best Buy stores nationwide, on BestBuy.com, and ToshibaDirect.com.
The Satellite S800 Series will start at $699.99 MSRP and will be available for purchase in early Q3 2012 at major retail outlets, online stores, and ToshibaDirect.com beginning on June 24, 2012.