The Lenovo ThinkPad X130e is now available for online purchase on the website after its announcement back in December.
The Lenovo ThinkPad X130e implements the technology needed for educational purposes, specifically intended for students in grades K-12. Costumers can choose between Intel or AMD processors with integrated graphics and wireless connectivity and multimedia tools needed for today’s digital learning.
The laptop is designed so kids can handle it; it has a sturdy build with a reinforced enduring top cover, resolute keyboard, and flexible hinges. Other longevity enhancement features include:
- A top covering rubber shield to manage shocks to the side of the laptop
- A 33% stronger edge to decrease the chance of damage if dropped
- More reinforced hinges to outlast even the most regular PC user at up to 30,000 cycles
- Fortified and recessed ports to decrease the effects of prolonged wear
- More robust Bezel with 1.2mm solid plastic for the LED panel protection
Students can comfortably carry the ThinkPad X130e in between classes since it weighs less than four pounds. Additionally, the battery lasts up to 8.5 hours without charge so that students can use it the entire day without worry.
These are The ThinkPad X130e specs for the base configuration:
- Processor: AMD Fusion E300 1.30GHz
- Memory: 4 GB DDR3 – 1333MHz (1 DIMM)
- OS: Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- Wireless: 802.11 Wi-Fi
- Screen: 11.6 inch HD LED 1366×768 resolution
- Ports: VGA, Gigabit Ethernet, Mic (microphone)/speaker combo jack, 3 USB 2.0 (including 1 powered USB), HDMI 1.4, 4-in-1 media card reader (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC)
- Weight: 3.9 lb (1.78kg)
- Storage: 250GB HD
- Warranty: 1-year
- Weight: 3.93 lbs
Two variants of the ThinkPad X130e are listed as USD 429.00 for the entry-level model and USD 549.00 for the higher performance model with an Intel Core i3-2367M processor.
We’ll be doing a review of the ThinkPad X130e next month. Stay tuned to the site for the analysis.